Female bed bugs lay from 200 to 500 eggs (in batches of 10 to 50) on rough surfaces such as wood or paper. Eggs are covered with a glue and hatch in about 10 days. After hatching, the egg shells frequently remain on the substrate. There are five progressively larger nymphal stages, each requiring a single blood meal before molting to the next stage. The entire life cycle from egg to adult requires anywhere from 5 weeks to 4 months, depending on temperature. When temperatures are in the range of 70° to 82°F, development occurs most rapidly. Nymphs and adults generally feed at night and hide in crevices during the day. Common hiding places include seams in mattresses and box springs, cracks in bed frames, under loose wallpaper, behind picture frames, and inside furniture and upholstery.
Bed Bugs Toronto - Bed bugs treatment bed bug dogs exterminator
- Bed bugs Toronto
- Toronto Bed Bugs Inspection - Bed Bugs Toronto Apartments
- Bed Bug Bites - Bed Bug Pictures
- Bed Bugs Toronto - Landlord Section
- Bed bugs Toronto Apartments Tenant's Page
- Reviews - Bed Bug Exterminators Toronto - Pest Control Reviews Toronto
- Bed bug dog Toronto - Bed bugs detection dogs
- Montreal Exterminator Bed Bugs
- Punaises Des Lits Montreal - Exterminateur Punaises de lit Montreal
- Bed bug mattress covers Toronto - What should I buy?
- Bed bug extermination methods - Safety
According to the University of California's Agriculture and Natural Resources Department, bed bugs can live for 550 days on just one blood meal!
A bed bug can take six times its weight in blood, and feeding can take 3 to 10 minutes. Adults live about 10 months and there can be up to 3 to 4 generations of bed bugs per year.
Click the title to learn more!
According to the Sounthern Nevada Health Department, bed bugs can survive in temperatures as high as 120 degrees F for several days dispelling the myth that the average person can eliminate bed bugs themselves.
When dealing with a bed bug infestation, you must properly launder your clothing and bedding to insure that every single insect is eliminated.
The average home dryer will not maintain temperatures high enough to eliminate bed bugs!
A specialized commercial dryer is necessary to insure that all bed bugs are eliminated from clothing and bedding.